RCCL New Feature Requests & Notifications
Let's Improve the RCCL
The Rutgers Component Library Working Group (CLWG) evaluates and assesses all feature ideas based on breadth of feature application, technical feasibility, and usability.
New Feature Proposed
- Submit New Feature Form
- Requirements gathering
- Proof of concept
Working Group Review Submissions
- Discussion & Evaluation
- Technically Feasible/Secure
- Pros vs. Cons
- Broad vs. Limited Use
If Approved, Feature Added to Development Queue
Technical & Design Planning & Development
- UCM/OIT-Managed Development
- Contributed Code from Other Units/Vendors
GIT Issue & Branch Created
- Self-help or UCM-managed (TBD)
Code & Quality Assurance (QA)
- Local testing by the developer
Merge Request Created in Git
- Two testers needed for approval of merge request.
- If code and front end approved, request to merge new feature into code based is created.
- If code is not approved, code returns to development and testing.
UCM Merges Code into RCCL
- Post-Merge testing required
Individual Sites May Update Code
Having issues seeing the embedded form above? Go to the New Feature Form in Qualtrics.
Return to the RCCL Getting Started Page
Go to: RCCL Getting Started | RCCL Roadmap